Sunday 29 March 2009

March Daring Bakers: Spinach Lasagne

The March 2009 challenge is hosted by Mary of Beans and Caviar, Melinda of Melbourne Larder and Enza of Io Da Grande. They have chosen Lasagne of Emilia-Romagna from The Splendid Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper as the challenge.

I made the pasta from this recipe: http://www.vegsource.com/articles/bryanna_pasta_maker.htm



I left my dough to dry for a bit before filling it with some lovely ragu and topping it with homemade bechamel sauce. The spinach made this pasta so green and sooo tasty. It was pretty straightforward too. I also substituted the ordinary flour with a wheat-free, gluten-free version. For the bechamel I used soy milk, yeast extract, gram flour and simmered it all in a pan until it thickened up. I could have eaten this on it's own!











1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job on your lasagne!

    Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

    ReplyDelete