Tuesday 26 May 2009

The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.

This recipe did worry me a little bit as gluten and I aren't the best of friends but it was surprisingly straight forward and had the most impressive results. In fact, I found the whole process extremely therapeutic, using my whole fore arm to stretch it out. I filled my strudel with blackcurrant and raspberries and served it up with some blueberry ice cream. Will do this one again!








(OOOh, just look at all that sticky juice bursting under the pressure of a plait!)


See the layers, can you seen 'um?!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on your strudel. I love your choice of filling too.

    Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strudel looks amazing!! I love the twist you made, and your filling sounds yummy =D.

    ReplyDelete